Vale, Oregon

American Staffing is a load of bullsh@#. You have to show up on certain days to get a job. And as soon as you walk in they make it sound like they have jobs falling out of their a$$'. So you spend two to three hours filling ouy paper work and walking *** videos on sexually harassment all the while Berry, the owner, is making inappropriate remarks. And then they greatest thing happens they tell you to call them around 8am to see if they have new jobs.

Well after 3 months of calling them everyday at 8am, they tell me they have a job opening at Heinz Ore-Ida, but I have to go take this test. well after two hours of testing one day and 5 hours testing another day(which no one told me that it was going to be 5 hours) they tell me that I have to call them again at 8am to see about they job. well after another 5 months of calling them they get me a job, in which I work a grant total of 2 months at and then got fired from. And when I asked them why I got fired they told me that they don't discus that type of thing, even though Oregon is a right to work state.

American Staffing is a total wasted of time and energy. Which is better used looking for a job you actually want to do.

Had an Experience with American Staffing?

Comments

Idaho is the one with the right to work law that's why they *** up

:p

Oregon is not a Right To Work state.(FYI: A right-to-work law is a statute in the United States that prohibits union security agreements, or agreements between labor unions and employers, that govern the extent to which an established union can require employees' membership, payment of union dues, or fees as a condition of employment, either before or after hiring.

"Right-to-work" laws do not, as the short phrase might suggest, aim to provide a general guarantee of employment to people seeking work, but rather are a government regulation of the contractual agreements between employers and labor unions that prevents them from excluding non-union workers,[1] or requiring employees to pay a fee to unions that have negotiated the labor contract all the employees work under. Idaho is a "RTW" state, Oregon is not.)

I can understand your frustration with paperwork and the waiting, but I think perhaps you have forgotten the state of the economy and that THERE ARE NO JOBS. The jobs that do become available, are being fought for by many, many out of work people. The job that you did get, you should have been congratulated for as you probably beat out 50 others competing for the same job.

And then, you get fired after 2 months. If Heinz fired you, they would most likely NOT tell the staffing agency why as it opens them up to potential lawsuit. (This is why most former workplaces won't give up much information when called by potential new employers, and why...

I do have to question why you don't know...but I think that you do and was just trying to pass the blame on someone else.

I agree with the above statement full heartedly. I ended up having to sighn a bunch of papers for over 2 hours and have been calling now for over a year. They do make it sound like they have all sorts of job opportunities when in fact they never have ***.